Thursday, September 15, 2011

Today

Our five year old has started school this year, and it has been great for him.  However, not so much for his younger brother:  for him five can’t come fast enough.  Even though it has been a few weeks, he wants time to go faster… he wants to be five.

Today I saw him, I was amazed at how fast he has grown this past summer; he is such a big boy.  I said, “Do you know you are getting so big?”  “Yes,” he replied.  “What am I going to do with you?” I said.  He, without hesitation said, “Send me to school.”  He knows what he wants and he wants to get there quicker than what it takes.  Mom, not so much… I’d rather slow down time, but it only seems to be going faster and faster.

What are you looking forward to?  What are you in waiting in anticipation of?  I know if I don’t get a grasp on my thoughts I can start living in the future and not living TODAY where God has placed me.  There is a good work today that He wants me to accomplish for Him.  There are things today that I need to learn so I can get where I need to be tomorrow.

You are blessed with the day that you have!  Use it for His glory!

“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24