So far he’s got half of it down! It is so amazing how young they can be and have the Word of God planted in their hearts! If you have young one’s let me encourage you to start memorizing scripture with them. They love it – our three year old has actually been doing it with him. Okay, so I am going on a tangent, as exciting as memorizing scripture is what I wanted to write about today was the meaning of the scripture. As we are memorizing we talk about what it means. I translate every word into kid language so they can try to understand the meaning behind what the verse is saying. We got to the word “tangled.” The boys recently viewed the Disney movie “Tangled” (a great movie by the way) and this actually helped to describe what the word meant. There is a scene where Rapunzel has her hair wrapped around Flynn sitting helpless in a chair; this gave a perfect visual for what being tangled was like.
The dictionary defines TANGLED: snarled, interlaced, or mixed up; very complicated, intricate, or involved.
Today when I was vacuuming our living room, I suddenly stopped, I couldn’t go any further. I knew I should be able to, but I couldn’t. I looked behind me and there was a huge knot, the cord was all tangled up.
Sin entangles our lives. Sin makes the tangle, tightens the tangle and really doesn’t want the tangle to ever be fixed. I don’t know about you, but I have some major tangles in my life right now. I have some areas where sin has snuck in and created a messy area. The more I have left it and not dealt with it the more complicated it has become and now it is going to take a lot of work to deal with it. It is going to take work to get this snarl taken care of and get it smoothed out again.
I can do it. God has shown me the tangle. I felt the resistance in my life, realizing my “cord” wasn’t reaching its full potential. I had to ask Him to reveal some things to me. They are the types of things we don’t want to be shown, but I had reached my limit. With frustration I needed Him to show me the truth and the things that needed to be dealt with.
I am an instrument of His. I want to be used. I want to be used for His glory. Sure I can be used to do work here and there, but oh how there is so much more I could reach and do if I would just take care of the “knots” and “tangles” behind me. I know I am not using my full potential for Him. I need to take care of these things. I am trying. One day at a time.
So, what about you? Do you have any tangles in your life right now? Maybe you don’t think you do. I didn’t. Until I couldn’t reach what I knew I should have been able to. I know I can do more for Him, so I am going to take care of these tangles, these sins in my life; the sins that Jesus has already so graciously covered for me. But since I am aware of them I want to take care of them. I want to do what I need to do so I can better glorify God with my life.
Yesterday God really spoke to my heart. He continues to do so today. He spoke to me about my “knots” and the “tangles” in my own life. Now I am ready to take His hand and let Him help me untangle them. He will be there with me as I do this. Every step of the way. He will give me wisdom, patience and strength. His word says He will.
