Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deep Clean

After cleaning our house I was just sitting there, enjoying the nice fresh appearance of our home.  No messes, no clutter, no clumps of dirt or crumbs, no toys scattered everywhere... just clean.  Freshly vacuumed, freshly sanitized...ah clean. 

However, when I started to look deep into the corners of the room and then on top of the base board I noticed I had missed some spots.  Spots that needed some more attention.  These areas I include in a deep cleaning of the house.  The type of cleaning that doesn't miss a spot... not one.  Everything is taken out and moved so that the space where it is sitting can be made fresh... new again.  A deep clean.  That isn't what my house got today.  Even though the cleaning it did receive was good, it wasn't perfect.  It still left behind some dusty, dirty areas.  Some areas that needed more attention.  They could have used a little more muscle, a little more of me working on them.

How about you?  How is your life?  Are you clean?  Have you experienced a deep cleaning of your soul?  Has Jesus come into your life and cleaned things up?  I know He sure has in mine!  I am so thankful to Him for cleaning the inside of me.  I am not sure where you are in your walk with Him.  Are you hesitant to let Him clean and do a work in you?  Have you let Him in your heart and life yet?  Don't you want to be clean?  Do you want a fresh start?  Jesus is who makes us perfectly clean before God - Jesus alone.  After we accept the grace Jesus has to offer, even though we still have our dusty spots, God looks at us and sees clean... Jesus clean!

Maybe you have let Him in and allowed Him only to touch the main areas of your life that everyone sees, they are clean, orderly, and look pretty good... until you look in the corners.  Won't you let Him do a work there?  Or how about that closed door; the room you've not allowed Him to enter.  Are there areas of your life that you haven't let Him have full access to?  Are there areas where you've let Him come in a little... dusting here or there, swept the floors... and well let's call it good. 

As a true follower of Christ I have opened every door to Him, but I desire Him to do that deep clean.  To be perfectly honest with you, there were areas in my life that were so dirty I didn't even know what room it was... and there were some areas that I didn't even know I needed them to be cleaned.  I thought they looked pretty good!  Until I let Jesus clean.  Until I let Him work a deep clean within me.  When I look back at what I thought was clean and what I see now... wow - I know I want a Jesus clean in all areas of my life!  There are still areas in my life that I need to let Him clean even deeper.  To make me shine and sparkle for Him.  I know don't want any dirty, dusty areas in my life. 

How about you?  Where are you today?  I pray that even though cleaning is hard sometimes, and it does take time, I pray that you will open your hear and allow Him to clean you.  Allow Him to do a great work in you! 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10