Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sovereign Lord

SOVEREIGN:  King, supreme ruler, rank, power, or authority - above all others, indisputable.  Being above all others in character, importance and excellence.


Nearly 300 times "Sovereign" is used to describe our God - most all of those times He was called "Sovereign Lord."

LORD: one who has control, power and authority.  A leader with great influence.  A husband, head of the household.  The supreme being - God - Jehovah.  The Savior, Jesus Christ.

Is He the Lord of your life?  Is he YOUR Sovereign Lord?  Is He above all others in your life?  Are you letting Him lead you?  He has the power and authority to do great things - will you let Him use you?  I know that it is so encouraging to me to know that I serve a God who is above all - ABOVE ALL - I pray that you and I will continue to strive to make Him our all in all. 

"My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long—though I know not how to relate them all. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone. Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds." Psalm 71:15-17 

"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:28