Now that the butterflies are gone I am going to move on to new topics, even though I think I could seriously continue to connect so many spiritual truths to the transformation and stages of the life of a butterfly. So, I hope each of you enjoyed the couple of weeks we looked at this analogy, but today we'll be moving on.
Today I would like to encourage you by looking at some of God's words in regards to fear. If any of you know me well, you know that I have struggled with worry over the years. A few years back my worry slowly turned into fear. A gripping fear. For years I was entangled by the sin of fear - I was crippled by it. Today, however, I would love to glorify God by saying this last year He has truly freed me from the bondage of this sin. My prayer to Him last fall while studying Isaiah was that in my life, fear would be abolished and faith would flourish. I am free from fear and instead full of FAITH!
Are YOU afraid? Afraid of something in particular? Afraid of the future? The what-if? Afraid of failure? Rejection? Fear for your children? What are you in fear of? What are you worrying about? If you are in fear today of the circumstances around you, I pray that you would release it - truly release it at the feet of Jesus. Let go of it and let Him be in control - He is anyway.
Are YOU afraid? Afraid of something in particular? Afraid of the future? The what-if? Afraid of failure? Rejection? Fear for your children? What are you in fear of? What are you worrying about? If you are in fear today of the circumstances around you, I pray that you would release it - truly release it at the feet of Jesus. Let go of it and let Him be in control - He is anyway.
I would now like to share some verses I love; verses I have clung onto so tightly.... promises from Him. If one of these speaks to your soul, hang onto it, memorize it, know it... live it!
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
“You came near when I called you, and you said, ‘Do not fear.’” Lamentations 3:57
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” Psalm 55:22
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:29-31
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you" Isaiah 41:13
"When I am afraid, I will trust in you" Psalm 56:3
"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid" Isaiah 12:2
"They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Psalm 112:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7
"My soul is deprived of peace,
I have forgotten what happiness is;
I tell myself my future is lost,
all that I hoped for from the Lord.
I have forgotten what happiness is;
I tell myself my future is lost,
all that I hoped for from the Lord.
But I will call this to mind,
as my reason to have hope:
The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,
his mercies are not spent;
They are renewed each morning,
so great is his faithfulness.
My portion is the Lord, says my soul;
therefore I will hope in him."
-- Lamentations 3:17-18, 21-24
as my reason to have hope:
The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,
his mercies are not spent;
They are renewed each morning,
so great is his faithfulness.
My portion is the Lord, says my soul;
therefore I will hope in him."
-- Lamentations 3:17-18, 21-24
I hope you are encouraged today that God is in control and you have nothing to fear. And, I pray you are challenged today to let go of the sin of fear, if you are entangled like I once was, ask Him to help you be freed from this sin. I know a life lived in fear cannot flourish - be changed and live in Him! I pray you will continue to cultivate your faith by putting your trust and hope in Him alone.