We are still waiting for the transformation of our little guys to turn into butterflies. The boys are full of anticipation, but some days it is hard as we wait. No change. Nothing new to notice. Just waiting.
WAIT: to continue as one is in expectation of; await, to postpone or delay in expectation, to be in readiness for; or be reserved for.
What are you waiting for? What are you waiting in anticipation of? What are you expecting to happen? Who are you waiting on? Are you ready?
"Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not disregard it. Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, WAITING at my doorway. For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord." Proverbs 8:33-35
There are blessings that come from waiting. But also know that there are defintitley blessings that come while we wait.
“Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, like servants WAITING for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them." Luke 12:35-37
Are you expectantly waiting for Jesus' return? Are you prepared? Are you ready? Have you done and are you doing the work God has called you to do until His arrival?
"Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are WAITING for him." Hebrews 9:27-28
In all aspects of waiting in life, I pray above all that you are waiting on God. Whatever your situation may be, stay patient waiting on Him and His plan. Also be waiting expectantly for Jesus' return. May you continue to seek Him and find Him daily.
"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and WAIT expectantly" Psalm 5:3
"I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. WAIT for the Lord; be strong and take heart and WAIT for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14
"We WAIT in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name." Psalm 33:20-21
"I WAIT for the Lord, my whole being WAITS, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5
There are so many more wonderful scriptures I could share about waiting, but as I read all of these I am reminded of how all things are in the hands of God. Things of this life are in His time and His ways. Our job is to know Him and choose to trust Him. I pray you will be waiting on Him in trust and in hope.
A good reminder: "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9