Monday, May 2, 2011

Rest

Our caterpillars are getting ready to change into chrysalides.  The first step is finding a safe place to rest.  Rest ... ah, rest.  What is that? 

REST:  refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor, relief or freedom, especially from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs.

I love those definitions!  We should find time to rest; rather make time to rest.  Do you?  As a momma of three boys this is sometimes hard for me to find.  It is more than just finding though - I have to make time - it has to be purposeful and it has to be desired.  We should make time to climb into the arms of the One who promises us rest.  Have you rested in a while?  Have you found rest for your soul?  Have you spent time with Jesus?

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you REST. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find REST for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29 

I love this verse - Jesus himself offers us rest - but it requires an action on our behalf first.  We have to come to Him.  We have to take His yoke upon us - we have to learn from Him;  then we will find rest.  True REST! 

"The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one RESTS content, untouched by trouble." Proverbs 19:23 

I pray that you will find rest - true REST in Him alone.  I pray that I will too will find this rest and make time for it.  Make time to be with Jesus and learn from Him.  Be with Him so that we can also be freed from the wearies, troubles and disturbances of this world.  In finding rest in Him we can also be refreshed and strengthened to do the work that He has called us to do.  Find REST my friends!